The mission of the Pacific Coast Society for Prosthodontics Foundationis to promote the art and science of prosthodontics through sponsorship of graduate student attendance to PCSP annual meetings, provide grants for research in the field of prosthodontics, and provide funding for outreach services to those in need.
The PCSP Foundation will provide financial assistance to prosthodontic graduate students for PCSP meeting attendance, funding for prosthodontic-related research, and help with PCSP sponsored outreach programs. This will be accomplished through tax deductible donations provided by the existing PCSP membership which are applied to programs administered by the Foundation. Our organization will specifically work with interested donors to create long term funding and sustainable programs, establishing the philanthropic arm of the PCSP independent of the PCSP Executive Council (EC).
RATIONALE AND IMPACT PLAN
- We seek to create change by furthering the art and science of prosthodontics through sponsorship of graduate student residents and worthy research.
- We wish to advance the specialty in way that is meaningful to our donors and beneficiaries:
- Creating a strong tradition of mentorship and comradery between newer PCSP members and the longtime members
- Increasing the number of Associate Members applying each year to the PCSP by lessening the financial commitments to new graduates and graduate students
- Advancing research and innovation in the field of prosthodontics
- Increasing the number of ABP certified prosthodontists within the PCSP
- We can best achieve these goals by allotting a significant portion of our yearly budget directly to resident sponsorship.
- Specific Objectives:
- Adhere to the Strategic Plan created; meeting yearly fundraising goals and sponsorship fulfillment.
- Directly create a path to PCSP membership for at least 1 prosthodontic resident per year
- Measure of Success:
- The increased number of Associate Members that can be directly attributed to PCSP Foundation sponsorship
- Sponsored research leads to significant advancement of the art and science of prosthodontics via presentations and publication
- Sponsored students/members are successful in challenging the ABP Examination.